At the Ecology Center, we offer the Basic Airboat Operator Instruction course. It is a 16-hour course that typically takes place over a weekend. If you're interested in taking the training, contact Andre Daugereaux at email@example.com. At the end of the training, you'll have a basic understanding of transporting, operation, and maintenance of automotive-engine powered airboats.
You will acquire:
- Knowledge of airboat terminology
- Knowledge of safety precautions and liability concerns
- Launch and recovery of airboat at boat ramp
- Operation of airboat in deep and shallow water, over marsh, and across low-lying levees
- Knowledge of preventive maintenance techniques and basic trouble-shooting
- Field experience in the proper operation of an airboat
Download the course lesson plan for more information.