PLEASE NOTE: Due to the recent decommission of one of the Ecology Center vehicles, vehicle leasing will be limited until another vehicle is acquired. Feel free to fill out the form, but be aware that your request may be denied. We appreciate your understanding.
This is to be completed PRIOR to use of ECOLOGY CENTER vehicles. By completion of this form, user or user account incurs costs of all road repairs and routine maintenance needs during the use period up to deductible limits of UL Lafayette insurance ($1000). User account also assumes costs of repairs, parts and labor (inclusive of towing) necessitated by damage or breakdown occurring during the period of use. User also agrees to the following conditions on use:
1. Transportation of seawater is prohibited, unless special provisions are made in advance (consult Department Maintenance or Department Head).
2. Vehicle is to be returned clean (all user materials removed, interior vacuumed or wiped clean of dust/dampness; windshield and headlights clean); vehicle exterior, including underbody, is to be washed if vehicle has been used in proximity to saltwater or in brackish or muddy off-road areas. User agrees to be billed for these services if needed upon return.
3. Passengers are restricted to employees, appropriate UL Lafayette students, and legitimate professional collaborators of the user; only the designed "user/operator(s)" is (are) permitted to operate the vehicle. Subletting or loan of the vehicle by user is prohibited.
4. Upon completion of the use period, the vehicle is to be returned to the ECOLOGY CENTER parking lot; the log is to be completed and left on the front seat; all fuel man card receipts (if applicable) are to be presented to the department secretary; vehicle keys are to be returned to the key closet.
For after-hours returns by graduate students, keys, fuel man card and receipts are to be placed in the ECOLOGY CENTER conference room with a note.
5. Mileage cost is billed at $0.25/mile. User must log service checks (oil and coolant) at every fill-up.
6. This form does not negate the need for completion and attachment of UL Request for Official Travel (yellow motor pool copy). The vehicle will NOT be released to you without both of these forms completed.